I can’t believe I waited so long to use my Shampoo Bar because I have definitely been missing out!! A while back I ordered a bunch of Oyin Handmade products, including the Grand Poo Bar, and I used everything except the Grand Poo Bar. I honestly didn’t use it because I was skeptical, and I didn’t think it would lather, let alone, clean my hair..but I was SO wrong!! Not only did the shampoo bar lather really nicely, my hair feels really clean— and it did not tangle!
My Experience with the Grand Poo Bar
I cut a piece of the Grand Poo Bar, like Richeau on YouTube suggested in her Oyin Handmade video, to make it last longer (this was a really good idea and I highly suggest it). I wet my hair completely and made small sections with my finger and rubbed the shampoo bar on my scalp in that area. I did that on my entire head and the lather came very quickly and was equivalent to a liquid shampoo lather.
[tg_youtube width=”400″ height=”225″ video_id=”J-sdvNITkFE”]
I think using the shampoo bar was much better than using liquid shampoo because it doesn’t require you to massage your hair together to get it to lather, causing tangles, instead just rubbing the shampoo bar on your scalp produces a good lather.
What’s Inside the Oyin Handmade Grand Poo Bar
Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate and Sodium Oleate, Sorbitol, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, African Black Soap, Cocoa Butter, Cetyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil, Lavender, Tea Tree, Citrus Essential Oils…and love!
- Sodium Stearate and Sodium Oleate – Fatty acids used to make soap products.
- Glycerin – Excellent humectant, and slip ingredient.
- Sorbitol – This functions much like glycerin by adding slip to a product, as well as being a humectant and a thickener. This occurs naturally in fruits and berries, but it can also be synthetically made from the hydrolyzed corn starch. Sorbitol is also a sweetener in food. It helps cosmetics from drying out in their containers.
- Stearic acid – Functions as a lubricant and emollient. It’s less greasy that plant or mineral oils, so it conditions with a velvety feel, without making hair greasy.
- Lauric acid– Lubricant and emollient, often less oily or greasy that plant or mineral oils and, therefore, give the hair a soft, velvety feel without making it feel heavy or thick.
- Cetyl alcohol – Common ingredient used as an emollient, thickener, and keeping the product mixed together. Non-greasy. Can be made from coconut fatty alcohol, or synthetically. It is known as being a very safe ingredient, and is very compatible with other ingredients.
I will definitely be using my shampoo bar from now on— until it runs out…which hopefully wont be soon! 🙂
Have you tried using the Oyin Handmade Grand Poo Shampoo Bar?