I am not sure if I ever mentioned this, but “Hair Story: Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America” is one of my favorite books about African-American Culture and Hair.
I love this book for many many reasons, but one of the main things that I really enjoyed this book was that it was eye-opening! I would definitely encourage anyone that is currently natural, thinking about going natural or even if you’re just curious about the roots of African-American hair to give this book a read!
Lately, I have been trying to get back into the reading more books, I am such a video or quick article type of chick, but not to sound cliché, reading [books] is fundamental. So in my daily crawling of the internet, I stumbled upon these 6 books on LocdGlory.com
and I definitely want to give them each a read…
(1) The Science of Black Hair: A Comprehensive Guide to Textured Hair Care by Audrey Davis-Sivasothy
(2) The Knotty Truth: A Comprehensive Guide to Creating Beautiful Locks by M. Michele George
(3) Dreads by Francesco Mastalia
(4) Locs for Life: The Root to Well Being for African-American Women by Kalimah Johnson
(5) Going Natural: How to Fall In Love With Nappy Hair by Mireille Liong-A-Kong
(6) Nice Dreads: Hair Care Basics And Inspiration for Colored Girls Who’ve Considered Locking Their Hair by Lonnice Bonner
Have you read any of these books or do you plan to? Share your thoughts about them below and I will definitely share mine when I get them!